The 2021 LEX Will Be In-Person.
The Lindsay Agricultural Society (LAS) is pleased to announce that they are planning for the 2021 Lindsay Exhibition to be held in-person, September 18 – 26, 2021.
The new LEX schedule for 2021 distributes the competitions across four additional days to reduce the number of people on the grounds and at the barns at any one time to allow for better physical distancing. Assuming the Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge (HKPR) Health Unit is not in lockdown, the LAS is confident that all competitive aspects of the LEX will be able to be held in-person using comprehensive protocols that have been designed with the health and safety of competitors, officials, visitors, and volunteers in mind. Other LEX favourites such as the WoofJocks, Demolition Derby, midway rides, and grandstand entertainment will also be available, if restrictions allow.
“We’re confident that we can give exhibitors an opportunity to compete in a safe environment that adheres to all the required COVID-19 safety protocols,” said Lois Batty, DVM, President of the LAS. “The spacious LEX Grounds and our multiple airy buildings work well in this type of situation.”
“We’re building on the experience we’ve gained hosting smaller events over the last six months to create a plan that will work safely within the protocols that have been established,” stated Harry Stoddart, General Manager of the LAS.
More information about tickets and the full LEX entertainment schedule will be available in late summer. Be sure to follow @lindsayexhibition on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates or visit lindsayex.com.
Mass Vaccination Clinic at the LEX Grounds
- The clinic is by appointment only.
- An appointment can only be booked online at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/ or by calling 1-888-999-6488.
- Please do NOT call the LEX Office. We cannot help you. The clinic at the LEX Grounds is being run jointly by Ross Memorial Hospital and the HKPR Health Unit.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes in advance of your scheduled time. You will be forced to wait in a parking lot until your scheduled time.
- Please bring your Ontario Health Card and confirmation of your appointment time.
- The clinic is set-up as a drive through – you will not have to leave your car.
- Please wear a loose fitting top, preferably with a short sleeve to allow the nurses to give you the vaccine easily.
- You will wait on site for 15 minutes after your vaccination to monitor you for any side effects.
- Please DO NOT arrive at the clinic without an appointment.
- Beginning Monday, March 22, anyone born in 1946 or before may book their appointments for a vaccination. To find out when other groups (based on age and health conditions) will be eligible to book appointments, please visit the HKPR District Health Unit website.
- You must book your vaccination appointment through the provincial booking system. You may book online or by phone at 1-888-999-6488. Please be sure to have your Ontario health card with you. Note: vaccination appointments are not available through healthcare providers or by calling the Health Unit.
- Residents of retirement homes and other seniors’ congregate housing settings do not need to book an appointment. The Health Unit will be scheduling vaccination clinics at these homes.
EVENTS AT THE LEX
Lindsay_Ex Instagram Feed
We need you!
The Lindsay Agricultural Society runs on volunteers – over 300! Regardless of your interests, we will have a role suited to you. Everything from serving on one of the livestock committees to occasionally working in the LAS food booth at various events.
Want to get involved but don’t know how? Send an email to email@example.com or call us at 705-324-5551.
We are currently looking to expand our food booth team – even if you only have a few hours here and there, it would be appreciated.